Saturday, January 9, 2010

I May Never Stop Itching

For the record, I don't have a lot of healthy skin cells left. If you itch easily, I STRONGLY suggest you skip this post and move on to the next - trust me on this one.

So we have yet our third foster child in a row with severe excema in our home. Until these children, we have NEVER had a child with severe excema come through our home - never. We use mostly all natural cleaners, have no cats, and typically use detergents that are dye/perfume free, etc. It has not been an issue.

Something just SEEMED wrong but when I took our last child in with excema, I was told that it was indeed just excema and given 5 different medicaitons to put an 18 month old child on to help her stop scratching. When the next child came in, I KNEW something was up. We had Rex* over the summer as a foster child before he went to live in a kinship home. His kinship placement lost custody of him and we were allowed to take him back into our home. Mind you, I have had this child in my home before WITHOUT excema or anything like it and now he's scratching himself bloody?

Needless to say, we made an appointment with the doctor where I explained my belief that the children's shelter has a scabies infestation that they are not admitting. Sure enough, they agreed that it was scabies. SOOOOO, in the last month we have dealt with 1.) Bed bugs - don't even get me started on these 2.) Lice - no comment necessary and 3.) Scabies.

Literally, I feel like things are crawling all over me, despite the fact that random searches of my body have yielded nothing. I'm done with insects particularly those that make it their mission to live off of human hosts. I am VERY sorry for anyone else that has had to deal with any of the above and am open to tips and suggestions as to how to stay insect free!

No comments:

Post a Comment