Well, turns out Rex* had pneumonia. We went to our doctor who thought we should head down to the E.R. Luckily they are in the same building. They admitted him and transported us to the local children's hospital. His dad made the ENITRE ordeal so dramatic and yet almost comical....let's just say that we are no longer going to be communicating with dad directly (for the best interest of ourselves and our children).
Of course, just as Rex* got over it, my youngest came down with it so back to the doctor we went. Luckily, his was caught JUST before it became a pneumonia that required hosptialization. As I'm typing we appear to MOSTLY be over all the respiratory issues and I'm simply praying to maintain that.
In the meantime, my 5 year old has proven that while she DOES have a flair for the dramatic, that I cannot discount all the complaining that she is capable of....
The NIGHT we got out of the hospital with Rex*, she was twirling around the living room floor with her younger brother when she fell (hands first) on the carpet. After yet a THIRD visit to the E.R. (and by now these people are getting SOOOO tired of seeing me), it turns out she broke her wrist (buckle fracture, to be specific).
Needless to say, I am DONE with the crazyness that comes from last minute doctor's visits, etc. Since Saturday, we have had exactly 8 appointments (doctors and therapists) for 4 different children and its only Tuesday. We have at least 4 more this week assuming no one tries to squeeze anything extra into our ever-accomodating schedule.
I have to admit that once upon a time, I thought being a stay-at-home-mother must be THE life. She had tons of time to keep her house up, do the laundry, watch soap operas and make cupcakes for the kids before they got home from school. My reality is that I don't stop going from 6:30 in the morning until at least 11:30 at night. The laundry gets done (but never ironed) and the cupcakes get made (or bought as is much more often the case) but I didn't even KNOW soap operas were still on the air (although based on the preview I saw last week, I'm not actually missing anything). I get excited when I get a bath that lasts more than 10 minutes and doesn't include someone screaming, "Mommy, I need to go potty," through it. I love my life but I am ready to SLOW it down a little...and we're not even INTO extra-curricular activities yet (is it wrong that my children think you have to be at least 10 to start tee-ball?).
All in all, we are all on the road to recovery (although that sneaky ebola virus is always lurking right around the corner) and I have to remind myself of my FAVORITE saying: "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment